If you’re considering getting a robot vacuum, and you keep asking yourself, “do robot vacuum work?”, this article will help answer that question.
A robot vacuum, often referred to as Roomba, is an Autobot that functions exactly like a regular vacuum cleaner. This means that it also replaces some of your cleaning tools like a broom, parker, and mop. It is designed to function with little or no human intervention.
This appliance is great for just about anyone. But it’s even perfect for people with mobility issues, and people who have a lot on their plate, from crazy work hours to pets who shed a lot and kids. In this article, we’ll be explaining the different points that point to the fact that Robot Vacuums do work.
How Do Robot Vacuum Work
- Robot vacuums use low-frequency radio waves or infrared rays. That’s how they are able to sense and avoid obstacles in their paths. Depending on your model, they have wall, bump, and cliff sensors, and also optical encoders.
- Robot Vacuums are rechargeable that supplies power to a motor. The wheels, brushes, suction are all connected to this motor. They have a charging dock that they can return to when their battery is down.
Now that you know how Robot Vacuum works, you also need to know where they work best.
Tips for Buying aRobot Vacuum.
Before you get a robot vacuum, you should ask yourself the following:
Where do you live and what’s on your floor?
If you stay in a duplex or a high-rise building, you might want to be extra careful with your robot vacuum, unless it comes with a cliff sensor. How is your living environment like? A robot vacuum works best in a clutter-free environment, i.e., no wires or threads or any debris that get stuck on its brush or can clog its suction inlet.
What kind of flooring do you have? Hard floors like tiles and wood are great for Robot vacuums. Not all models will do so well on carpets. They can also get stuck on rug tassels.
What and who is in your house?
Pets and children in a house mean extra work. If you have a job that takes up most of your time and also has pets and kids, you might consider buying a Robot vacuum as they will take one task off your list for you.
How to Get the Best Out of Your Robot Vacuum.
If you want to get your money’s worth from your Robot vacuum, and see your Robot vacuum working optimally, then you should do the following:
- Prepare the room before you use it. Remove obstacles, shoelaces, wire cables, and other debris that can get stuck.
- Avoid water. Clean up water puddles.
- Maintenance is important. You should clean the brushes regularly. It is easy to detach the roller and remove any hair or debris. Empty their dust bag regularly, clean the sensors and filters.
- Place their charge station in a convenient place with a power outlet.
Note: They do get stuck occasionally, and they can be a bit noisy, so you shouldn’t use them when you want to sleep unless the noise doesn’t bother you.
Robot Vacuum Vs Regular Vacuum Cleaner
- A robot vacuum because of its compact size can easily clean under your furniture without any heavy lifting. Regular vacuum cleaners have hose attachments that you can point at curtains and other hidden places.
- Robot vacuums are more expensive, but they are time and energy saving. It affords you the luxury of doing other tasks or not even being at home and having your house cleaned without the need of hiring a cleaner. Unlike the regular vacuum cleaner.
- Robot vacuums have so many features that a regular vacuum cleaner doesn’t have.
- The dirt bin in Robot vacuums are small and would require frequent emptying, unlike that of regular vacuum cleaners. Self-emptying models
Verdict:A robot vacuum cannot fully take the place of a regular vacuum cleaner.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Robot Vacuum.
Some models or brands offer a host of features from wet mopping to scheduled cleaning. There are some with WiFi connectivity that allows you to operate them even when not at home. So, it would be best if you got what works for you.
They are generally very expensive, and the price differs with different models according to their unique features. They start in the $200-$250 range and go up as high as $1000.
It’s crucial you select a model that has replacement parts readily available. This will be good for cases when there is damage to the vacuum cleaner. Replacement parts will help save you from getting another one.
Fully charged Robot Vacuums should be able to last for at least an hour. If you have a large house, that time might not be enough. So it would help if you placed the charging dock where the vacuum cleaner can quickly locate for a recharge. A good Robot vacuum should also be able to recharge faster.
They are useful cleaning tools to have, and they are a great addition to your homes, as they afford you extra time to do any other thing you might want to. So, to answer the question, “Do Robot Vacuum work?”, our answer is yes, they do. They are highly reliable but they cannot fully replace a regular vacuum cleaner, yet.